A rescue dog who found herself without a home as a puppy, has had a starring role in her new owner’s wedding, becoming the ring-bearer for their big day. Bev and Mick Walters of Shipley said they knew the moment...
As breeders and rescue centres continue to see record demand for puppies and dogs alike, UK dog rescue charity Labrador Retriever Rescue Southern England (LRRSE) continues to turn its attention further afield to the huge numbers of Labradors and...
The world's biggest dog bowl was revealed in Kennington Park today, 14 July 2016, as a reminder to keep our pets well watered during the hotter months. Created by Fetch.co.uk, Ocado's online pet store, the bowl is 1 metre...
The Government announced today (26 June) that it's setting out legislation to increase maximum sentences for animal cruelty in England and Wales, following "strong support from public and welfare groups". This follows a public consultation last year, in which...
Meet Roxy the pupper, who has been with Manchester and Cheshire Dogs' Home for almost a year now, waiting to find the forever home she’s dreaming of. Roxy is a 7-year-old ball of energy with lots of affection to give....
The UK Labour Party have released their Animal Welfare Manifesto (28 August) and the British Veterinary Association (BVA) has welcomed the renewed calls for animal sentience to be embedded in legislation. The manifesto sets out several other action points closely...
Hopper

Help for Hopper

Hopper came into our lives in May this year when he was 10 weeks old. He was the result of accidental breeding of two merle dogs, and inheriting double merle genes meant that Hopper is both completely deaf and...
Animal protection campaigners in Seoul handed in a petition signed by nearly 1 million people from South Korea and around the world, calling on President Moon Jae-In to end the dog meat industry. The submission coincides with the end...
A man has been disqualified from keeping animals for ten years after his husky, Kenz, was found emaciated and living in his own filth inside a small cupboard turned into a makeshift dog pen. Lee Mark Aveyard appeared before Bradford Magistrates’...
PDSA vets are warning owners about the dangers of slug pellets after a family dog, Milo, was left fighting for his life when he ate over 100 of the toxic pellets. Alexandra Banu, a Vet at PDSA Southampton, said, “Slug...

Follow Us

1,347,213FansLike
1,185FollowersFollow
48,061FollowersFollow