Labrador puppy

Labrador puppy swallows stick for 'safekeeping'

Snowy the Labrador puppy got himself into a 'sticky situation' over the Bank Holiday weekend when he swallowed a huge stick to stop his brother from stealing it from him!

Thankfully Snowy's owners wasted no time in taking their dog in for immediate veterinary treatment at Taverham Vets.

A spokesperson for the Norwich-based practice posted on Facebook, "Our emergency team sprung into action and performed a gastroscopy. This is where a long flexible tube with a camera is used to look inside the oesophagus, stomach and small intestine."

A vet then removed the stick using a gastroscope, discovering that it was an incredible 23cm long and still in one piece!

Against the odds, Snowy suffered no internal injuries and was happy to return home the following morning. That's one lucky Labrador!

Featured image via Facebook/Taverham Vets

Leave a reply